Monday 4 July 2011

Lavender Shortbread (1st attempt)

A friend of mine sent me a recipe for lavender cupcakes. They sounded so nice I went out & bought a lavender plant. After seeing a recipe for lavender shortbread I decided to make these instead.

I rarely make biscuits, cookies or shortbread for fear of getting it wrong.

Aaaaaaand because the only time I made choc chip cookies, they weren't very good :0/

I got this recipe from You Tube. I did already have a recipe in one of my books but wanted to see someone actually make the biscuits.

So here goes:

2 cups of plain flour.
8 oz unsalted butter.
4 tsps lavender.
1/2 cup granulated sugar.

I ground the lavender in my mini food processor, added the sugar & ground it up some more.



I would've used my husbands coffee grinder but after 3yrs of it being used solely for coffee beans & not being cleaned once this recipe would've ended up as lavender & coffee shortbread....doesn't sound too appealing to me.

I softened the butter with my favourite spatula....sad I know...I have a favourite utensil.....I actually think I'm in love with this spatula....weird I know but you know when something feels so comfortable & right in your hand? No? Ah well, it makes sense to me :0)



I actually bought this for my son to use when he helps me bake but I've found I use it more than any of my others.




Cream the butter & sugar together (this is my least favourite bit of baking, I usually try & get a recipe that doesn't involve this as, I have to admit, I am a bit lazy).



Mix in the flour until it forms a dough.



Roll out to whatever thickness you like, just remember you'll have to adjust the baking time the thicker they are. I like the shortbread stick look. Easy to dunk in a lovely cup of tea.



Bake for 22-25 minutes on gas mark 2.

And there we have it.....




No comments:

Post a Comment